Saturday, July 2, 2011

Introductions Are Not a Strength of Mine

Yeah, ya know...so with a new blog and all, I figure I should probably introduce myself a bit before I attempt to entertain you (hopefully not miserably) with the happenings in that which is my life.

I'm Jess, but my birth name is Jessica. I never really liked this name, and I cringe sometimes when people call me by this name. I guess it goes back to one of the childhood memories that feel worse than a toothache when you think about them where my mother or father or grandparent or whoever would yell at me or something and make me not ever feel like I was, am, or will be good enough at anything, for anything, or for anyone. Yeah, one of "those" nerves just got pinched. Anyway, just call me Jess...for now. Maybe after decades of therapy, I will be able to accept being called Jessica...who knows. But for now, just don't do it. Haha.

Oh, and my age. I hate talking about my age. Normally I don't, but this year has been quite different. Well, I guess that started technically on my birthday last year, which is in August, and then everyone has been agitating me with this sort of countdown just to remind me that I will be turning 29 for the second time this year, AND I don't look a day over 25. TYVM! ;)

I'm originally from a place called Syracuse, New York. Well, scratch that. I was born in Syracuse, but I have spent most of my life up until now in a suburb known as Baldwinsville, NY. Most of my family still lives in and around the area of Syracuse. I have a sister in Oklahoma though, and one of my uncles lives in DC. Oh yeah, and I live in the Netherlands now! I've been here for almost 3 years, and it's been quite a journey thus far. I guess that's a part of the reason for starting this blog. Anyway...

I'm married to a Dutch name named Guido, and we have a son named Jaydon who is 14 months old now. We also have a dog named Zaccheus, but we call him Zac or Zacchy. We have a cute little (and I mean little!) Dutch house with a cute little flower garden (back yard) and a white picket (nah, it's actually more forest green) fence in our front yard (which really isn't a yard at all. I love it, and I enjoy calling this place my home. I'm actually curious as to how long we'll be in this place before we outgrow it though! (No, I am NOT pregnant!!)

I love all sorts of things. I love music, movies, hanging with friends, writing, dancing, culture, photography, travel, languages, and more. I guess I am trying to figure out more about what I am into and the things that I like. I guess that insecurity and self-conflict comes into play way too much, and it begins to cloud my view regarding pretty much everything in life.

I should probably also mention that God is a big part of my life. When I say God, I am talking the Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit kind. I am kind of in a weird place in my dealings with Him right now too, but we'll get to that later.

So yeah, I surely can ramble without probably not saying much of anything at all. I hope to keep this blog active, but who knows. I am so lazy when it comes to these things. I guess that's why I am writing to you at almost 1 am right now. Haha.

Anyway...that's just a little glimpse of me. If you want other details such as my hair color, eye color, bra size, etc., you might want to go shoot yourself in the foot instead. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment